Fork servicing in Glasgow

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I got a set of fox vanilla rlc on here which were needing strip and clean, reassembled,a check over,new fluid that kind of job
Normally id have ended up using Mojo ,TF tuned or a Scottish company called Floatec.All of which involved sending the forks off in the post and the horrors that might bring
Each of the above companies charge between £90-£100 for the service + the cost of postage so probably nearer £110
A quick trawl through the web put me in touch with an LBS in the west end of Glasgow called 'Gear'

Today i got my forks back from Gear [in Gibson st,Glasgow],meant to be friday but i popped in after working at the bike station and Joe[the owner] had them all ready and waiting :D
£55 for a full service with new fluid.I didnt want the seals changed as they werent showing any signs of wear and that saved £20 :D but even then £75 for the full job is a lot better than £100+ :cool:
they have made a superb job of them and im super chuffed not only with their efforts on the fork but also with the time scale.I dropped the fork in on Saturday and as said it was ready to go a mere 4 days later :shock:
I've found the other fork servicing companies has a waiting period that can be as much as 4 weeks

Really have to plug Gear,theyve been there for years but theyre the west end and im southside so used the lbs near me.From now on im adopting them as my lbs of choice,the southside lbs ive used for about 20 years yet again screwed up my order and thats the 3 time so they lose me as a customer,obviously ill still use willy Bain for the mechanical stuff but for parts its now Gear ill be using :cool:
fork feels like new,super job.

Plus they loved my old school mix of a bike and I just love the flattery :oops:

If youre in or around Glasgow or the west coast of Scotland,it might be a better bet and cheaper to have them service your forks

Well worth knowing thanks.

Do they do rear shocks?

Can they replace Marzocchi steerers?.

Bullpup":654qhb4j said:
Well worth knowing thanks.

Do they do rear shocks?

Can they replace Marzocchi steerers?.

'Fraid i cant answer those questions but if you phone them theyll be sure to say :?
Im a bit unsure over the whole press out /press in steerers.Certainly its a subject much discussed on here but ive yet to see any that have been done or reports on whether it works ok or not.

If you phone them mind and say you got the hint from the forum that way we all get good feedback and maybe theyll negotiate price reductions if more use them ;)

I cant speak for suspension, but windwave will replace steerers in bomber forks. I had my Z3 forks done by them. Here you go:

http://www.windwave.co.uk/documents/tec ... vices.html

Cost me £40 quid all in, including postage etc. Dont email them, you will never get a response. But I spoke to them and the chap couldnt have been more polite and helpful. Popped the crown/steerer in the post with a cheque and the form you need to fill in, and they sent it back all sorted. Solid as a rock too, very pleased with the result.

Latest posts

Back