I9 wheels

SiRvInO

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Has anybody got, tried, ridden and likes Industry 9 wheels..any comparison to CK's, Mavic SLR etc??

Looking for some new hoops if I can sell mine

:p

I ride a set of I9s with Stan's Arches on my Singular Pegasus, notably with a Singlespeed specific rear hub. I've entered it in this months' post 98 BOTM if you care for pictures.

It is hard to attribute the Ride to hubs and spokes but I really love the Pegasus, so they surely must be doing their bit. On my first ever outing of the Pegasus I commented how "fast" the bike felt, and that is with some fully size knobblies fitted too. Fast may be an unusual comment for a Singlespeed, but I mean it. And even in plain silver and black they look the business, plus the fast freehub engagement has a unique feel and sound to it.

So far they are holding up fine to my Clydesdale frame, no complaints. I've also changed the front from 15mm tot 9mmQR with the adaptors and that worked a treat, fit and finish was good, with decent information supplied on the web.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for the help Iboc

I've got a mate who just bought some Mavic crossmax, he said the same thing, stiff, fast wheels etc....

I want some new wheels, and thinking straight pull hubs are the way forward..

I have some Xmax XL's and rode a set of Xmax Enduro's a few years for my main modern ride, they are nice wheels. I do favour the I9's though. They are nice and light with quick engagement, and offer the your choice of colours for a custom build. Plus I did get fed up with the freehub wear/maintenance on the Mavic's. YMMV.

Enjoy!!

I have a set of Lefty I9 wheels on stans 355 rims, I am very happy with them. The machining is beautiful, I prefer them to my Crossmax which have a stupid freewheel bushing that always develops play.

New wheels can loose tension, so they needed tensioning up a few times when new before they settle down. Occasionally I can stlll get one spoke loosen up a little. Spare spokes are £4.50, I have broken 1 in about 4 years.

The biggest downside with the I9's is they have unique sized bearing in the freewheel that you can only buy from I9. They are 29.5mm diameter! You usually have to buy a complete wheelsets worth of bearings each time.

I think Just Riding Along are starting to sell I9 again and they have been helpful with these wheels in the past. If you like expensive shiney bling wheels you will like I9's. If you want better value, go with Hope.

Back