hope caliper sizes. HELP!!!

crossland

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
confused.com!

ive got some c2's. number 3 calipers which supposedly fit 185 front and 165 rear on is mounts. ive offered up on the forks and it looks like 165 front :?
im currently looking at buying the single number 5 caliper in the for sale bit and the chap is certain that he is running 185 front and rear on number 5's.
my mate turned up tonight running 185 on number 3.

what the hell?

is there a chart somewhere that decodes this insanity?

it all depends on what your frame / forks respectively are designed to run as standard fitting ;)

Some frames are designed to take 160-180mm
forks anywhere between 180-200mm

This is my understanding :

Forks should have a built in mount 20mm larger than the rear, however there are exceptions....

Which forks and frame?

A number 5 is smaller than a 3 I'm pretty sure, so that will take you the wrong way.

It is dead easy to measure, just go from centre through the caliper to the top of the pads...what does it say?

Is your mate running the exact same C2's? You cannot compare across models either..

and this is supposed to be international standard :LOL:

my mate haz z1's on his tazmon.
i have RS revalations on my superlight.

and i think thats where the difference must be. i too have a set of z1's and the mounts are completely different.

Any Bombers pre 99 are likely to have the old 'Formula Standard' size mounts (48.5mm) of which there is no modern equivalent. there used to be a number of adapter mounts on the market for these but not sure they are available any longer. I might need one on my build if I bother with a front brake, so do let me know if you find some!

Latest posts

Back