New headset choices...

snowdonstumpy

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Looking to buy a new headset, see that Onza have a mongo 3 headset, anyone tried one? I want a white one which has limited my choice. Have a Cane Creek on there now, torn beween another, the mongo or an FSA Orbit.
Any of you guys had any experience of the new Onza ones?

I've been using a white Octane One Warp 2 for nearly 2 years. It's been bomb proof. Paint hold up really well, seals keep the crap out nicely too.

The new Octane One Warp 1 was on CRC for cheap, if it has to be Alu.

Do echo make headsets? They msut be pretty strong if so.
Otherwise i like the look fo the fsa mx headsets.
And thats as much help as your getting from me.

Not very relevant but the favourite around here for scooter riders is the Onza. The bearings and feel must be pretty good if that lot are riding them. I wouln't want a wobbly steerer on a scooter!

I have a black orbit mx headset and I cannot faullt it. It feels snug when you nip it up when fiting it, but silky smooth when in use, best I have had. Always wanted a king or hope one but for the price the fsa is superb.

My 2p worth :cool:

Never had any issues with FSA headsets - generally come in a few colours and are good value for money. My Pig Pro's took loads of hammer....

Still can't beat a King for bling factor though!

Personally Hope but I've done two mongo 3's recently for others and tbh they were pretty bloody nice. I didn't like the logs much but the quality of finish and fit was excellent, really good sealed bearing feel.

I run a Mongo 3 on one bike and it is very good. Been on for 18 months now and still feels nice and smooth. Amazingly good value.

I'm using a mongo 3 now....at first on a jump bike, with zero play at all and lovely *swooshy* feeling bearings...all I can say is....the race is a bit beefy looking if your fork crown is weeny....and it fits awfully tight. great if you plan on never swapping out forks....But I lvoed mine so much I kept the headset from the bike split........I got it off reasonably easy...but installing it on some new forks saw the (steel btw!) race bending a fair bit.....I had to use diamond files to slowly shave the uneven shapes out and fit-file-refit-refile-refit till the gritty feel disappeared. Still lovely bearings even after hammering and filing the damn thing.
Lasty.......the word MONGO on it is a tiny bit embaressing unless you hide that under the stem.
:roll:

Fsa though...gorgeous....seems everything the mongo is trying to be and more...I bought a white one out of impulse...But Im going to get a red one instead....and its up for sale.....15 posted if you want it?

Back