Closet Roadie

samsbike

Retro Guru
Over the last few months I have been commuting to work by bike.

Initially the mtb and then the road bike.

I seem to be getting more and more on the road bike and less off-road, despite the fact there is quite a large woodland area near me.

I am not sure if I am just not getting it or am simply a closet roadie.

I guess I am not really overjoyed about being covered in mud but could it simply be me or the fact that I just don't seem to gel off road?

I suffer with this as well sam. I find myself more and more jumping on the cross bike than mtb, although i do still love the mtbs.

I blame the weather, and my pathological fear of mud.

Not that long ago I would have been crying boo, hiss......but.....

Am thinking about buying a road bike. I need to get fitter and it seems like a great way to spend more time on the bike because I could come home from work and jump on the road bike, ride for an hour or two without having to drive anywhere, take bikes apart.

Come winter, there will be a lot less cleaning too.

Get out the closet and get over to the roady section, enough of this deviant talk in a mtb section, shame on you.

Plus I wouldn't worry about mud at the moment, its so heavily watered down its less clingy :LOL:

Never mind. At least you have admitted you have a problem. Get on your MTB ASAP and get covered in mud. By far the best cure for roadyitus.

I suggest this thread gets locked pronto, before this "disease" spreads any further :D

Before you know it you will have developed a superiority complex. Convincing yourself that you are a superior rider and have a more expensive bike than anyone that dare cross your path whilst out on a ride. Acknowledging their presence will blow your cover so keep staring ahead and don't make eye contact. Of course a bimble with your mates 'down the woods' will quickly rid you of these symtoms.

Just let those closetroadies go all-in on the pavement. Leaves more space in the woods for us, true to our faith. i love the taste of mud in the morning.

REKIBorter":5x6fkjm2 said:
Before you know it you will have developed a superiority complex. Convincing yourself that you are a superior rider and have a more expensive bike than anyone that dare cross your path whilst out on a ride. Acknowledging their presence will blow your cover so keep staring ahead and don't make eye contact.

Sounds entirely like the guys on fully tooled up Specialized full sussers who sneered at my 1994 Lava Dome. :roll:

Back