Lidl Powerfix Bike Workstand - £29.99

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
All

I just bought one. On special offer today at most Lidl stores, I got there early and the Thorn Road store in Doncaster had a pallet load of them.

First impressions are great, sturdy and more than strong enough for a hobbyist like myself. Took less than five minutes to unpack and construct.

As you will below it took my Explosif easily, I then attached another frame I'm working on and removed the chainset from the bottom bracket, the thing held the frame well and didn't give me any concerns.

Get yourselves to Lidl and buy one sharpish if you need one. £29.99, you can't beat that can you !!

Pictures:

GEDC1190.jpg

GEDC1189.jpg

GEDC1191.jpg

GEDC1192.jpg

GEDC1193.jpg

GEDC1194.jpg

GEDC1195.jpg

GEDC1196.jpg

GEDC1197.jpg

GEDC1198.jpg

GEDC1199.jpg

I bought one my self. They get very good comments and its definitely going to be a lot better than my scaffold pole set up.

I bought one of these a couple of years ago and have had great service out of it. A bit poor on the pressure joints though but it looks as if the current model has improved that with the turn and clip mechanisms.

Had a closer look at it this afternoon, a bad back had kept me away from it all day. If the 360 degree turning becomes an issue it could be solved by drilling two holes in the top horizontal tube, you could easily drop say, a screwdriver through the plastic outer then the steel tube to secure it, a bit like a cotter pin affair... know what i mean.

I had toe good lady faff about with it due to my bad back, works fine !!

I'm looking forward to using it in the near future hehe.

Great find I think.

Without doubt the best £30 I've spent in a long time and a 3 year warranty in case something does break ;)

7509818086_fb198cde6b_c.jpg

right men....ive got it home, built it up and clamped my clockwork in it just for the sheer hell of it!.....it looks great!....well built and practical.....i can run a bike through the gears to check rear cable tension without the help of a brucie style card dolly now!....happy days!.... :D .....bargain of the year to boot!....

Latest posts

Back