Crossmax's ...... Worth an upgrade?!

v12jat

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have had a hankering for some crossmax's to replace my current pair of cross rides on my anthem! As everyone knows they're not the cheapest and have some freehub issues - I have experienced them with my crossrides tbh, and fitted a hub doctor!

Are they really worth that much more for a slightly lighter wheel?! Advice appreciated!!

James

I run Crossmax on my FS bike. They are easier to spin up, and make the bike feel "zingier". Cost difference is big mind, so whether it's "worth it" is a moot point. I had some spare cash, and my view is always go for the best you can afford.

I only ride Crossmax :cool:

For tubeless setups I find them unparalleled.. They're strong, light and made by the company that pretty much invented the MTB Wheel..

Expensive? Yes. Investment? Yes, but buy to ride not to sell on..

I might have some minty 2008/2009 Crossmax SL USTs for sale soon if that floats your boat - or were you after an older pair?

I've had Crossride, Crossmax SL and now Crossmax SLR. They're probably not as good for the money as some custom built options but are a known quantity and therefore have a good value, you do know what you're getting and nothing beats the looks IMHO. If you can afford them and like the thought of them then go for them and enjoy ! :)

Cheers for the advice! I've bought a pair of SL's earlier this week, so looking forward to them arriving!!!

will post some pics! :cool:

Back