Which way round?

I would imagine it depends on the shock and the clearance WB2..got any pics, in-situ would probably be preferable..

It's on the "bouncy" orange, Max. It has got two shock mounting positions. I wan't to try the lower mounting (to increase travel), but the air valve fouls the mounting.

In my head I cannot imagine what difference it would mak if I mounted the shock the oppisite way (i.e. The shock body facing towards the swing arm)

Shouldn't make a difference. The only thing I can see is if the valve and stuff gets in the way. Stroke and i2i remains the same so...

BertR00t":2qoicono said:
Shouldn't make a difference. The only thing I can see is if the valve and stuff gets in the way. Stroke and i2i remains the same so...

That'll do for me :D

Thanks fellas

i had a similar issue with my fox on my FSR, in the end, i have mine with the shock body at the lowest point. i had to fit a fox gonzo valve so i didnt have to take the shock off every time i needed to pump/release air. see pic:

99FSR_02.jpg

the only [not really an issue] issue i'm having now is keeping the dirt off it (it collects and sits around the shaft wiper) and the blue propedal/lockout selector arm fouls the link when in 12 o clock position for lock out - am going to need to chop it a bit! :shock:

To be really pedantic, the inner part should be on the wheel end. Theoretically it's best to minimise the unsprung weight.

Out there in the real world, however, it doesn't matter at all. :cool:

to be honest, if i chop the blue lever short enough, i could probably mount it the correct way (which i would prefer) may try that this weekend.
has anyone else chopped their lever off? :shock:

you could chop it then fit a bit of thin tight rubber hose over it to act as a toggle ...? unless it's really limited space wize

Back