Giant MPH Disc Brakes

Bullpup

Senior Retro Guru
Evening All

Are these Brakes any good?

I have just picked up a set in really good condition but in need of pads and a pad retaining retaining bolt.

I can find pads on line but not other spares e.g. pad bolt. Does anyone know who stocks spares please.

Many thanks

In my experience they work well for a standard set up, i have them on my 2008 Terrago disc and they pull up very well and down some serious hills with no noticable fade, but they have a common fault, the fluid reservoir which has the round knurled (??) adjuster can sieze up and break it seems common when the bike hasnt been used for a while.

This happened to my rears, my LBS said they have had quite a few that have done this. I had to replace my rear with an Avid Elixer 3.

I'm pretty sure they are identical to hope c2 brakes. Only issue i have.ever heard of its that they pump up on longish downhills because of the system being closed.

terrible, brakes...we used to be a giant dealer, the adustment dials get stuck and thay have poop performance.

I found the performance on mine to be fine, it depends on what you will be using the bike for, i use mine just for recreational sunday rides with the kids etc and some trails. People have different benchmarks etc.

But the adjustment dials have gone twice on mine and i have heard this quite a lot also my LBS has had many cases of this failing.

Back