Pace quandry. Would it be wrong to.....

ajantom

Retrobike Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
.....put non-Pace forks on my RC200 frame? :oops:

I love it to bits, and I also like the RC36s on it, but as I'm planning on it being my main XC rider I feel some more robust forks might be a good idea.

I do have some NOS 2005 Manitou Minutes, which are black and have a rearward facing brace, so would look relatively in keeping.

Apart from the bloody great 'Manitou' up each leg of course :LOL:

Going to give it a go :D

Well as soon as the forks get back from being repaired that is.
I've had to send em off without ever being fitted as a warranty repair!
The rebound adjuster knob fell off when I turned it first thing out of the box :roll: admittedly they were a serious bargain - NOS 2005 forks for £99 from Winstanley's. Hopefully Hotwaves still carry spares.

I wouldn't but I am not wholly against those who do, if its a regular rider.

Are the Pace forks renound for being not-so good at taking regular XC abuse?

I only ask as i run them on my specialized and mine gets properly abused....they seem to be holding up but i've been comtemplating fitting my old z1s to raise the front end of the bike making it more fun to chuck about on the trails + jumping etc.

I've run RC36 EVO II's & ProClass2's on my Pace F8 over the years and they have with stood regular XC and trail centre abuse without any problems. I don't think they are any weaker than any other fork out there as long as you aren't doing massive air

1210tech":2zr0s01i said:
I've run RC36 EVO II's & ProClass2's on my Pace F8 over the years and they have with stood regular XC and trail centre abuse without any problems. I don't think they are any weaker than any other fork out there as long as you aren't doing massive air

Fair Do's.

Ill probably try the Bombers anyway and give the Paces' a rest for a while. I do like a good old bit of air so a bit more travel won't be wasted :LOL:

Awkward Kid":30kgx4ny said:
Go for it! I did :shock:

Yes but it's been in therapy for over a year now and has just about recovered through close nuturing relationship with a mother figure and renewed acquaintance with non-abusive front ends.

295862_10150472344368082_451162482_n.jpg

328172_10150425315733082_57417985_o.jpg

Joking apart though - to get the best out of your frame you do need to choose your fork carefully. My RC36EvoIIs desperately need the Pro Class II mod - Tim? When ?

Back