Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:23 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:39 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:56 pm
Posts: 81
Location: sunny sunderland
Got £500 to spend at halfords (and only halfords) so as per title which one of the below bikes.

Bottom one would be my mid-life-living-my-past bike!!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165499

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165499

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_254703


Last edited by ssbnreso on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:50 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:30 pm
Posts: 21466
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165499

This one is the one i'd buy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:02 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 7:25 pm
Posts: 4977
Location: Edinburgh
Those Voodoos are bloody heavy aren't they.

Or is that how much bikes weigh nowadays?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:03 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:13 pm
Posts: 8183
Location: Tredavoe, Cornwall
Voodoo Hoodoo.


al. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:06 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:06 pm
Posts: 4433
Location: Herts UK
if tyou off to do trial riding and not jumps.stunts then forget the jump bike

also the Carrerrrrerrrrraraa for the simeple reason that they are low end brand.
take a look at this:, has devcent pedals for a start
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/81-2011-id_8168695.html

search the web for bestd eals.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:12 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:56 pm
Posts: 81
Location: sunny sunderland
Thanks for the input :D


02gf74 wrote:
if tyou off to do trial riding and not jumps.stunts then forget the jump bike

also the Carrerrrrerrrrraraa for the simeple reason that they are low end brand.
take a look at this:, has devcent pedals for a start
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/81-2011-id_8168695.html

search the web for bestd eals.


The bikes from work so only £500 and only from halfords :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:33 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:58 pm
Posts: 134
i would never buy a bike from halfords they have killed off proper bike shops and have absolutely no interest in selling cyclists what they actually need all they want to do is sell ready built crap that looks good but dont work for very long rant over aarrggghhhh

could you not find someone that wants a halfords bike buy that model sell it to them then use the 500 quid to get a nice 1000 for 500 quid from somewhere else


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:47 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:56 pm
Posts: 81
Location: sunny sunderland
rocky ridge wrote:
i would never buy a bike from halfords they have killed off proper bike shops and have absolutely no interest in selling cyclists what they actually need all they want to do is sell ready built crap that looks good but dont work for very long rant over aarrggghhhh

could you not find someone that wants a halfords bike buy that model sell it to them then use the 500 quid to get a nice 1000 for 500 quid from somewhere else


hang around the till on a Saturday afternoon :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:16 pm
Posts: 9609
Location: brigg, home of the gypsies
i would go for the voodoo hoodoo. mainly because it is a blast from the past.

i dont think halfords killed the lbs, i think cyclists not shopping at their lbs/ the lbs not stocking what people want/need has killed the lbs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:06 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:30 pm
Posts: 21466
lewis1641 wrote:
i would go for the voodoo hoodoo. mainly because it is a blast from the past.

i dont think halfords killed the lbs, i think cyclists not shopping at their lbs/ the lbs not stocking what people want/need has killed the lbs


Agree. But now going off topic :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: stew-b and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group