Anyone recomend some cheapish shin guards?

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello all, just thought I'd ask here as I am totally new to this. I'm going to be riding with flat pedals and am keen not to tear up my shins; I still have a rather unpleasant scar there from my Raleigh Burner when I was about 9. I borrowed some neoprene ones off someone a few weeks ago and they were fine, don't need body armour.

Cheers

People seem to like the 661 race lites.

Stay away from azonic ones that are quite generic across a few brands, i have a set and the knee bit tends to flop around and pull shorts and rub legs.

Keep your eyes on the sales. I picked up some RaceFace D3O ones for 35 quid. Fit well and nice and flexible.

cyfa2809":sfcpgmwi said:
People seem to like the 661 race lites.

Stay away from azonic ones that are quite generic across a few brands, i have a set and the knee bit tends to flop around and pull shorts and rub legs.

Cheers buddy will take that into account

BertR00t":2mhd95xy said:
Keep your eyes on the sales. I picked up some RaceFace D3O ones for 35 quid. Fit well and nice and flexible.

Ok thanks buddy, but £35 in the sale? Not sure those will be in my budget, are they just neopreme jobbies?

Carge":ei9k48lp said:
I got some of the 661 RaceLites last year - comfortable and seem to do the job.
Edit... Just remembered one Alpine off - bruised ribs, scraped the skid lid up etc - shins & knee were just dandy - so deffo do the job! Bought some 661 elbow pads just after this!

When I got em - CRC were doing them silly cheap- but I just found em here for £21 :)
http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=9855

Looks to be a good deal, but don't want armour, just wanting to protect from pedals rather than off's.

I've got TSG ones I use for BMXing and they're spot on, fit well and also have a removable plastic insert so there's no chance of a pedal pin getting through!

Back