IF Deluxe Redux..with help from Mr Chance....

clunker

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
taken from the IF Blog In several weeks we'll be formally launching the Deluxe Redux. It will be a limited release; only 36 units will be sold as complete bikes in one of three color combinations. They will still be individually built to order, but we are purposely defining this bicycle in a specific way.

I've been thinking about this project for some time now, and the concept was solidified after a conversation with Chris Chance earlier this year at the North American Handmade Bicycle Show in Sacramento. Chris has been away from the bicycle industry for over a decade, and we discussed the breadth of change during his absence; some of it good, and some of it overwhelming in it's complexity.

So, if, like me, you are yearning for the simple fun that mountain biking represented in its early days, then I think that you'll like the Deluxe Redux. It's purpose is to take the best of modern know how and blend it with the simplicity and not-so-serious aspects of mountain biking's early days.

PurpleCKhubs.jpg

We've enlisted a few partners to help us make this project happen, including some custom Chris King anodization and Fat City's segmented fork master Chris Igleheart. Here's a little teaser, from which you can gather where this is going.

Ride safe and hope to see you at the RAID Rockingham or the Rapha Cycle Club visit.

Cheers,

G

Get your order in now :cool:

We should have a sweepstake on how much they will charge for it.

If they don't keep it secret that is.

$4K? Steel rigid 29er with custom parts.

It will be interesteing to hear what CC thinks about mtb today, given that hes still riding a Ti FAT 26er.

kaiser":3ndw8r9w said:
:eek: :eek: What are the chances its a 29er I wonder?

➡️

http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2/takes-village-deluxe-redux-27475.html":3ndw8r9w said:
Will only be available as a 29er. Friends don't let friends ride little wheels.

John":dakf3k5r said:
Could have been sweet. In a 26" wheel..

IF could have at least offered the 26" as an option..? Sign O' The Times perhaps, 29 has taken off so much in the US that it's hard to envision the trend ebbing..

Maybe it's time to snap up www.retro26erbike.co.uk ;) :LOL:

I reckon going for Riviera Blue on my 98 IF Build was a little prescient on checking the colourways IF are going with the DR :cool:

don't even think they ever seriously thought about a 26", maybe a 650B for the Small size but 26" is kinda dead in the US for a couple of years now. For a modern bike I would never consider a 26" bike myself.

Back