Stopping in a different way. Advice needed.

Tazio

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I think I'm going to take the jump and go with discs on my Rock Lobster.

Any idea if there would be interest here or elsewhere in swaps so I can get up and running with minimal or no expense?

Going to go with mechanical preferably Avid BB7s as I can keep my XTR M950 levers which I love.

I'd be looking for a trade of my M960 V's which are in very good condition with only one small scratch on one of the V's and the original shoes in the same pretty shiny finish, and a pair of Bontrager Superstock wheels with black rims, 24 radial front and 28 traditional rear, light fast spinning wheels. They have Bontrager hubs but I'm not sure who made them for them though. I know Chris King built some hubs for them but these aren't those ones.

I'd also need an A2Z adapter for the rear.

I would try selling but with my luck I'd end up with a lengthy period trying to find the replacement parts.

Hey Taz, I have an alternative rear disc adaptor, does the same job as an A2Z plus a matching set of Shimano deore mechanical disc calipers from about 10 years ago so reasonably period. They'd be cheap and can be delivered to save postage. No need for swaps with me, you could then sell all those goodies to fund wheels, rotors etc ;)

Velo

That could be a goer I reckon Velo.

Will have to wait a bit though as I've just been financially devestated by Australian phone bill and MOT.

EBC brake pads and file the surface of your disc in a criss cross pattern with a cheap set up will improve things no end, a lot of power is lost with polished discs and poor pads.

Latest posts

Back