Sram trigger shifters

al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone run X7 trigger shifters? any good?

Thinking of getting a right hand shifter for my new 1x9 bike. I haven't used trigger style shifters since 1994, so I think It's time to have another go.

Thank you you lovely helpful bunch.

al. :D

I preferred the older style ones which were essentially hand me down x9's.

The new ones work well of course though, they dont have indicators though i dont think. But then thumbies in friction = high/low so same with these only clicky.

They are thumb/thumb shifting so you dont have to take your fingers off the brake.

Ive been running a X0 pair (lovely green ones), very smooth and lovely build compared with Shimano, but takes a bit to get used to pushing the trigger to go down and up!

cyfa2809":39vc2mc9 said:
I preferred the older style ones which were essentially hand me down x9's.

The new ones work well of course though, they dont have indicators though i dont think. But then thumbies in friction = high/low so same with these only clicky.

They are thumb/thumb shifting so you dont have to take your fingers off the brake.

Can you still get the old X9's?

al.

Probably if you look around, im sure there was some for sale on here recently. I think the model is around 09, they are silver and have the gear indicator around the bar.

cyfa2809":guiv5j3i said:
Probably if you look around, im sure there was some for sale on here recently. I think the model is around 09, they are silver and have the gear indicator around the bar.

I'll have a look ,ta!

Gears with Indicators!! :roll:

One of the reasons I don't like using gears, curse my bloody back. :(

al.

cyfa2809":j0bdmh2j said:
Errrrr, you can get the newer ones without indicators?

Looks like new ones then.

Why would anyone need to be told what gear they are in? Don't get it.

The fact I'm having to compromise by running gears in the first place is bad enough!! But to be mocked by an Indicator.

''I KNOW I'M IN A WEEDY LITTLE GIRL GEAR FOR THIS HILL YA BASTARD!''

al. :LOL:

I personally dont look at mine. It rarely goes above 7!

Thighs like oak trees me. Not.

36t ring.

cyfa2809":2pxfd6ol said:
I personally dont look at mine. It rarely goes above 7!

Thighs like oak trees me. Not.

36t ring.

Nobody over the age of seven should need to look.

Which does beg the question...

You're running 36 - 22 on ya single are ya?

al. ;)

Back