Rockshox tora lower leg swap. Please help.

MetaMatt

Dirt Disciple
Right then, I have 2 sets of forks.
I have a set of tora 318s and ive got a set of 302s. The 302's have black lowers, the forks are knackerd apart from the lowers are in good aesthetic condition, They make knocking noises when bounced and have play in them when rocked back and forth. I believe from what i have read this is likely to be bushings damaged?.
The 318s are silver with motion control damping. The lower legs are scratched up and they have no v brake mounts. My plan if possible is to swap all the internals of the 318s into the lowers of the 302s so i can run v brakes for a new project. I have read and struggled to understand how to change the bushings over, also i have read the bushings in 302's are not serviceable? Will i be able to swap the lower legs? or am i living in a dreamworld? i have done a few basic services oilchanges on fox forks and have access to a decent ish tool kit. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Matt

I'm not sure that the bushes will be of any use once they're removed. I'd buy a new set. Removal should be ok, but fitting may take some care to prevent damage. Shouldn't be too bad :)

MetaMatt":1hi5l592 said:
Do you think I need any special tools?

Yes, thats often the problem. You can make them up - i.e bodge them but it certainly helps if you know what your doing. Some of the older forks and such are simple and even some newer ones but most require specific tooling.

I will learn one day dammit!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=79092

Looks pretty simple really, i have seen the made form wood and rod and such.

Back