Scott Scale Photo & Discussion Thread

8lezard

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Have been liking Scott Scales for a while... Couldn't find a thread, so thought I'd start one!

Scale Ltd 2005, with v-brakes and 80mm SID. Nice.
image2-5.jpg

stevec1975's Scale 30 2011, with XTR upgrades. Very nice.
IMG_8212a.jpg

Ally's Scale 30 2011, with rigid carbon fork. I'd like to give this a razz!
Scott021.jpg

14.37lbs (!) Scale SL 2012.
dsc01440-625x468.jpg

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/01/09/fou ... -bar-ends/

Hope the RB members above don't mind me using their photos.

What's prompted this thread...?

My recently acquired Scale 80 frame. Alu, with v-brake mounts (the porper of the range?). :)
IMAG0597-1.jpg

Post your (or other people's) Scales here please!

Thanks.

I remember when the original carbon scale came out, scott had been around for ages but you didn't see them much (at all in my parts i remember my LBS had a catalogue for them in 93, so we could order them, but nobody did). So Scott, kind of a nowhere brand, good bikes but not stuff you lusted over. Then came the scale, and instantly went to cool factor 10, personally I think it made carbon bikes how popular they are now, sure there were many carbon bikes about, but this siad if you don't have a carbon HT at a world cup, what in the world are you going to sell on monday.

of course this made carbon bikes all the rage and now everyone has one and if you don't your not a biker...meh... :)
^all that was my opinion only, no facts were used in that story

but still a cool bike, my GF loves hers (even thought its some sort of micro frame, but it was pretty and thats all that counts...)

Some interesting links in there I've not seen. Glad you started this thread.

Nice bikes, very pleased with my one.

Scott Scale

here's my 2008 Scott Scale 50 which i had for a while:
Biking09016.jpg

It was a nice bike, although the frame was a tad too small for me and I felt the rear triangle was very harsh compared to my M2 Stumpjumper? :? But on the upside of that it climbed superb and had nice turn of speed about it. I ended up stripping the frame down and using the bits for a Boardman Comp frame and then metamorphosed into an Orange Sub 3 :LOL:

I'd love to try out a Scott Scale carbon though? they are superb bikes. :cool:

Back