possible scammer

crossland

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
EDIT: please ignore. item is here and all is well.

bought a frame.
paid for it. yes with gift.
seller said thanks for payment and said he was sending it on the 16th.
seller edited his post that removed the entire ad. just says sold now.
sent pm to seller on the 20th to ask ETA as i work. message was read but not replied.
sent another message 22nd. not read.
and another 23rd. not read.

sent pm to mod on the 22nd to ask if the thread could be restored pre edit. read but no reply.
sent pm to mod 23rd to ask if they had got previous message. read but no reply.

so what do i do next?
no reply from seller, no frame, no money, no reply from the forum.
its like platting fog!

when i had a similar problem i found the mods of little help.. was left to sort it on my own :(.. have you tried googling his user name to see if he uses other forums etc?..

zotty":1zejahbg said:
when i had a similar problem i found the mods of little help.. was left to sort it on my own :(.. have you tried googling his user name to see if he uses other forums etc?..
yes.
just comes up with all the posts here.

You should have his email address from the Paypal transaction. Have you tried to contact him via that?

G

crossland":2hyex96l said:
zotty":2hyex96l said:
yes.
just comes up with all the posts here.

dang.. ok,, as said,,, you should have his email addy from paypal.. search that.. also search any name paypal gives you ;)....

good luck on ya quest matey

I know its not helping you any but I would only use the gift option to a point where It wouldnt hurt to lose the money any big purchase I would rather pay the fee's just for peace of mind.

unkleGsif":1675d23d said:
You should have his email address from the Paypal transaction. Have you tried to contact him via that?

G

i have.
also did some research into the paypal account name as its a girls name.
this could all be speculation at the moment. he might have posted it later than he says. he might have used royal snail.

i would have a far better idea if the people in a position to help, would at least reply to messages.
i cannot see when a user was last active on the forum.
i cannot restore a post pre edit.

perhaps a little bit of reassurance, googling the frame details does not come up with anything other than here , so he hasnt tried this scam if it is one elsewhere.

having sent a lot of frames and bikes, it can be an arse, getting a box, packing it, taking a day off work for a courier etc. one thing like bike shop having no boxes or them being shut before getting out of work can delay everything. courier doesnt arrive and your buggered a lot of the time.

although New he has posted on discussion thread also so doesnt appear to have come her simply for the scam and then gone.

seems he sold another frame on her also so it might be worth contacting the other buyer to see if he has info you dont.

crossland":27qta6rt said:
unkleGsif":27qta6rt said:

G

i have.
also did some research into the paypal account name as its a girls name.
this could all be speculation at the moment. he might have posted it later than he says. he might have used royal snail.

i would have a far better idea if the people in a position to help, would at least reply to messages.
i cannot see when a user was last active on the forum.
i cannot restore a post pre edit.

my paypal is in my wifes name, so thats reassuring. facebook can often give you some pointers too if you wanna turn detective cut and paste the email in to that.

There is very little the mods can do i would say, they know as much as you. you can visit this site without logging in so last log in tells you nothing. i also dont see what restoring the post will do, you know what it is and how much you paid.

the mods are only gonna give you the lecture about paypal gift anyway and dealing with folks who dont have feedback threads.

might be time to chill a bit and cross fingers i reckon

;)

Back