calling all lady riders

dirtydozen

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
can anyone recommend a good comfy seat for the mrs, went on our first ride today and she is a little sore to say the least and im getting moaned at.

cheers

Good quality shorts are a good place to start. The Endura Retrobike ones are very good. Try not to go for a saddle with lots of padding. If you sink into the padding it can cause irritation. Your weight needs to be supported by the sit bones in your arse, not the fleshy bits. A womens specific saddle would be a good idea.

I am not a lady rider BTW.

My girlfriend uses Specialized's BG Lithia 155 and a Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow - that's after testing about a dozen others. Charge Ladle would prolly be her third choice. She also found sprung Brooks pretty comfy on her old 3 speed.

billinjah":1rnbycks said:
Terry's have always been a hit.

I bought my wife one - she didn't like it though, and it ended up in a drawer in my workshop and eventually got gnawed by a longtail that got in.......
It had to be binned anyway.

Her favourite saddle now is the Ti railed SDG Bel-Air RL, especially the fabric covered camo ones. They're probably my favourite too.

Good shorts and a Selle Italia Lady saddle do it for my missus. And she can use the Specialized saddle on my FSR with no problems whatsoever.

But generally she can't otherwise ride my bikes without complaining about the saddle.

Back