RS Rebas lockout

AndyPA

Old School Hero
I cant get my lock out to work on a set of 012 Rebas ,is there a way of removing the remote please ? The design of the cable fixing is very poor and flimsy so would like to bin it if possible :?:

if you mean remove the poploc yes of course, you just unscrew the tiny bolt on top of the RH leg to release the cable. I think you should be able to swap the poploc for a turnkey style lockout function if you wish to keep a lockout function tho and have you tried reading the manual, not being funny but you may just not have connected the poploc correctly? I've tried using an inline cable adjuster in the cable of mine to take up the slack as I don't think the poploc compression adjuster was working correctly

Thanks guys
the cables coming off I built a single speed to have clean lines, I hate cables and mess :D

Follow that guide to release the spring, and just get a little bolt to go in place of the grub screw (or clamp a washer with the grub screw - something to get hold of to turn it).

That way its free and you don't have to wait for parts :)

I just run my rebas without the poploc cable attached as I never feel the need lock them out.

cyfa2809":2rulzqkg said:
Is it the lever that desnt work or the actual physical action of the fork locking out?
both + i think the grub screw that clamps the cable is rubbish

If its the actual funtion of it, try topping up with a small amount of oil.
A workmates were doing the same, leaked very very slightly through the compression knob, took 2 years or so i think before it didnt work. Topped it up a little and working fine for a few months now.

Back