Retro 1990's mountain bike frame Identification - Please

leonewski

Retro Newbie
HELP - Need to identify the Frame in the pictures - it has been resprayed - it is a beautiful 7005 Alu lightweight frame -Seamless Tubing - Disc brake mount on rear - Curved wishbone seat stays......K ??
SR Suntour 8300 fork - Sierra Magic - (199:cool:
Zanzibar Butted Alloy Bar
Zoom Headset
7005 Technology Seamless Tubing KT Design
Upgraded Wheels, Brakes, Crankset, Gears etc
Frame Serial: LY13120180

Any help with the identification appreciated

I'd like to sell it..to a good home... but am unsure of the age or value given the mystery of the frame....

I'd be impressed if anyone can recognize it

S6000010.jpg

S6000009-1.jpg

S6000008-1.jpg

S6000007-1.jpg

S6000006-1.jpg

S6000005-1.jpg

S6000004-1.jpg

S6000011.jpg

I'm not sure on that frame?? It's got disc caliper mounts on the back!!
The Zanzibar handle bars are '96 coz I had some of those! some of the other kit looks quite new to me?? Someone here will identify it?!?

id

The frame is made by Liyang - the LY serial no. denotes this, I have a late 80's Claude Butler aluminium with s/n starting LY on the left outside dropout. But yours looks a bit more modern and suspect a different make?

I'd guess an early 2000s aluminium frame made by one company and sold by another with whatever stickers they desired. With an all deore spec though it should ride nicely.

it looks like one of the generic alloy frames shops knock out with their own branding on.

silverclaws":20p6qb72 said:
Dunno, but it has that evil of all evils on it, the scrotum rippers.

I know from painful personal experience there, that youre on about the cable eyelets on the top of the top tube :oops:

The 'modern' Deore M510 groupset appeared in late 1999 for the 2000 model year and remained more or less unchanged until it was succeeded by the M530 groupset in 2006.
That puts a rough date on the frame unless it's an older frame that's had a complete Deore groupset put onto it.
More likely most of the components are contemporary to the frame though and the disc mounts point to a post 2000 frame too.

The frame does look pretty mass produced and generic. The rear dropouts look very familiar, I've seen them on Claud Butlers, Carreras and Dawes bikes amongst others.

Spudly":mrcwq745 said:
silverclaws":mrcwq745 said:
Dunno, but it has that evil of all evils on it, the scrotum rippers.

I know from painful personal experience there, that youre on about the cable eyelets on the top of the top tube :oops:

do you both ride naked?

Back