My brother is a bast@rd!

Whatleymeister

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Doing the obligatory family 'tour of duty' and my brother pipes up.

'Dan, I replaced my carrera frame with a full suspension one, just need to build it'
'oh right, what did you get?'
'its orange, santa cruz I think my mate said'
'curious, can I pop back and have a look after lunch?'
'ok.'

So, I pop back to his place to be handed the new frame. its a mid 00's heckler, fox shock and fox 32 something or other forks (i forget exactly, I only saw it for a few minutes), black chris king headset and uncut thompson layback post with xt m750 front mech (same as mine, just bigger band).

I could have used it as a weapon, knocked him out and taken it. He got it for a song in my opinion at £350.

He truly hasnt got the foggiest idea what he has. Just its 'full suspension and good'

Bast@rd :evil:

Why offer to do him a 'favour' and swap it for something built. Save him all that work, brotherly love and all that ;)

Or charge him a chris king headset for use of your tools and services?

What year is it though?

Think its a 2006, I dont know a lot about Santa Cruz bikes. I have tried all avenues to blag it with no joy, even said it was rubbish!!

Going to help him build it though, should be fun.

7153534447_d10e0500af_z.jpg

He is a modern gear fanboy so wont get him buying much from here, but will be advising him on what to put on it ;)

Yeah, I suggested black stuff, but given he has a thompson post he almost has to get the stem to match so not sure about unstickered :roll:

He also wants hope on there too. I think he has a friend who sourced the frame that might be telling him what to get so should be interesting what he comes up with.

Back