QR lever side?

On which side do you have your QR levers?

• Left

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Right

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I always have the QR levers on the left hand side. (not sure what was my reasoning for that now but may have been to put some weight on the LH side side the RH has the cassette; now I have discs to balance the weight ...)

(for those that use skewers without levers, the question changes to on which side do you have the skewer head i.e. where the allen key fits)

:oops: hopefully nobody noticed I got my left and right mixed up!! (voted incorrectly too)

Always had them on the left..... ever since my bro was a racer in the early 80's. Thats the way he was told at his club

G

Possible dumb question... Are we talking looking from the front then? Drive side being left?
I dunno about anyone else but my left foot is always on the non-drive side crank :LOL:

i have my rear QR level on opposite side to the mech.
i have my front lever the opposite side to the disc.

Bob":36m3rmul said:
Possible dumb question... Are we talking looking from the front then? Drive side being left?

left and right are as you would be to ride the bike in normal postion (unless you are some circus performer).

:LOL: Left it is then, far too cluttered other way with the lever and rear mech both sides

Yep left as thats the way the hope logos are the right way up and stuck with that.

Facing rear ward and parallel to the ground (or as near as).

IMHO it's all down to tidiness and finger access, no particular engineering reason either way.

I like the front lever running up the front of the fork leg, so it depends on the shape of the lever, fork leg and dropout.

Lever on the right at the back is just wrong.

Always on the left if it works. That way they look tidy and face me when I get off the bike (in a huff, when I get a flat).

All the best,

Back