Good cycling iPhone app?

ah cool - thats one ive seen mentioned online and its free too which is always good! ill download it and give it a go!

thanks a lot

I always leave my 3G switched on when I'm using it too, seems to be more accurate that way..

I have both iPhone and HTC Andorid (as I develop apps). On iphone I use:

Free apps:
RunKeeper (found this best for trakcing and sharing route).
Strava on the road bike - they retain league tables of segments of roads - very addictive.
Ebay mobile - nowt worse than missing a decent bit of retro kit going on ebay!

Paid:
OutsDoors GPS national parks - for a fiver it comes with all GB national parks OS maps. Go on the website and load in a .GPX (from route websites or mates) and the route is downloaded to your phone. Much easier than a paper map when out and about.

On my HTC Hero Android I have MMTracker and all of the UK maps on an SD card. Worth getting an android just for MMTracker!

I use viewranger on android, it's available for android, symbian and apple, software free but you have to buy map tiles.(very reasonably priced), use it on bike, for walking and in Land Rover for competitions on a tablet, I find it more accurate than the Garmin GPS map 76s I used to use.
Matthew

GPS

I use Motion-X GPS on my iPhone.
Works great and cost £0.59 I think.
Nice summaries of data and easy to upload GPX files as well.

There's Trailhead and Trimble Outdoor Navigator as well.

Tintin will be all over the latter. :LOL:

I think they are pretty good now, I use cyclemeter gps by abivo Inc and can't fault it, good maps, and calendar functions and good on the battery.

Back