changing wheels on a boardman

samsbike

Retro Guru
I am going to change my wheelset on my boardman for commuting.

I can change tires easily enough however I am not so clear about changing the discs, do I just take the bolts off and put them on the new set? Would anyone know the torque values?

I am guessing that the skewers will fit the new wheels and the cassette will be changed over as well by the lbs, as I do not have the relevant tools.

Finally I was reading about adjusting the caliper and rear mech, but I have no idea as to why or how, can someone please point me in the right direction.

thanks

sam

To adjust the caliper is by way of alln key i assume (moving it side to side or whatnot).

The rotors should be bolted on with torx25 driver i believe, most likely your brakes are avid and i think they put the torque values on there.

The qr's should fit along with the cassette.

samsbike":29e7sw2e said:
Finally I was reading about adjusting the caliper and rear mech, but I have no idea as to why or how, can someone please point me in the right direction.
different models of hubs will differ slightly where the cassette and disc sits hence need for minor adjustment. For the brake calliper, if the disc is off, it will rub against the pad, likewise for the chain to sift correctly over the cassette, the rear shifter cable may need to be adjusted and also the rear mech end stops.

02gf74":gerko33y said:
samsbike":gerko33y said:
different models of hubs will differ slightly where the cassette and disc sits hence need for minor adjustment. For the brake calliper, if the disc is off, it will rub against the pad, likewise for the chain to sift correctly over the cassette, the rear shifter cable may need to be adjusted and also the rear mech end stops.

Would you mind explaining what I need to adjust on the shifter cable.

I understand the mech stops - that would just be the limit screws presumably

Limit screws are as you say, once setup these rarely need changing.

You may have to undo the cable bolt and pull it through or let some out but most likely you will be able to adjust it fine using the shifter and mech barrel adjusters.

The torque values are written on one of the 'arms' of the rotor i believe.

thanks

I will take a look for the adjusters.

Am I correct that once I fit everything if the mech is no moving out or in enough I should adjust the cable before moving the limit screws?

Yes, as above - the limit screws shouldnt really need to be adjusted as long as they were setup correctly in the first place which i believe boardman to do pretty well out of the box.

thanks

I found the torque settings and they were really low, something like 6.2nm - does that sound right.

The issue is I dont think my torque 3/8 goes down that low

sam

Back