BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
Looking for some fork suggestions please. 100-120mm on a budget of up to £250 (used). To fit to my 2004 Dekerf Implant for all round use. Hoping for some good advice as I'm more of a rigid fork guy who doesn't have a great deal of suspension fork knowledge past the mid 90's :oops:
Thanks

Permit me a shameless plug?

In about a week or two you could buy my RS Reba Team Air U-Turn. I am being presumptuous but they have everything I imagine you'd need... light, plush, 85-115mm travel, remote lockout with adjustable floodgate (ie how much force it takes to unlock them), infinite dual air adjustment (positive air for how easily they compress and negative for how much force they need compress in the first place), rebound adjuster, and on-the-fly compression adjustment via the lock-out lever...

I bought them on here and once I'd experimented with all the adjusters (have made extensive notes I'll pass on regardless of whether you want them or not) they're easily the best forks I've ever used... only selling as I have them on 115mm all the time due to my frame needing a bit more travel, so I've just bought some RS Revelation 95-140mm U-Turns on eBay (hence me saying 'in a week or two').

Also, having worked on a couple of other RS forks before I know they are quite simple to service.

I got dual air 95-140 with 20mm axle.

Just been looking at the Implant, is it not for a 130mm fork? In which case I'd def go for a Revelation instead. Coil ones are heavier and less adjustable externally. Or even a Pike, though IIRC they are all coil???

Recon and Tora are ok but not as good Rebas.

Al

Go Magura. You should be able to pick up a minty set of Menja 130s for less than your budget. They're qr, but still bleedin stiff. If you want a 20mm axle, get some Thors. Either way, they're pretty light at 1600gms ish, which is a bonus.
They're also a bargain, cos people don't think outside of Fox/Rock Shox, and they're better than either!

Thor's were second on my short list when it came to buying forks but they seemed to go for as much as the revs.

And the reviews i read were in favour of the revs for the most part.

Forgot to mention that I already have wheels sorted and the front is QR. Thanks for all the responses so far - really helping me out :)

Back