How to take off 3 pc crankset from my Cruiser

seadragonpisces

Old School Hero
Hi All,

I am taking apart my cruiser bike. Together the bike owes me a lot and since cruiser bikes sell for stupidly cheap money here in the UK I will get a lot more selling the crankset, saddle, grips and other bits individually.

Rather than taking my bike to a bike shop to do this can I please get some help on how to take off the crankset, do I need any special tools? I have a Middleburn RS6 3-piece crankset on.

Thanks in advance

You need a crank extractor to pull the crank from the bottom bracket. It's different for square taper or splined.
You will also need a bottom bracket tool to unscrew that from the frame. Look on the Park tools website for 'how-to' instructions.

And if the RS6 has 170mm arms and square taper I'd be interested in buying it! :cool:

Thanks for the info. I will need to take to a bike shop I think, I dont have the tools for this.

Not sure about square taper but I think they are, will take a pic if you are interested. The arms are 175mm though. The arms are the silver colour and the chainring is black.

Since I had them put on I have only used the bike about twice, so they are in immaculate condition.

078.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

Back