BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
Maybe this should be in off topic chat but I reckon it's bike related.

Below you will see photo's of one of the worst man caves in the world (feel free to prove otherwise)!

In the next couple of months it will be replaced by a 10'x8' shed, the biggest I can afford. This will have to house everything from bikes (duh!) to lawnmower, tools, kids stuff etc etc - but mainly bikes :D It will have a small area of work surface fitted (already have some worktop offcuts) and room for a bike stand at a push.

I'm looking for your ingenious ideas to make the most of the space you have in your man cave. Any suggestions welcomely received. Make me jealous and post some pics too ;)

img0817cf.jpg

img0818fk.jpg

img0819un.jpg

I've had ten bikes hung up along a 10ft stretch of wall -- front wheels out, Velcro straps to hold bars parallel to frames, hung from back wheel, hooks spaced as close as you can and still be able to get them in and out.

The lawnmower will be a pain in the bum, would it fit under the worktop?

And a tool board on the wall. Have to have a tool board.

MikeD":1uan5qwp said:
I've had ten bikes hung up along a 10ft stretch of wall -- front wheels out, Velcro straps to hold bars parallel to frames, hung from back wheel, hooks spaced as close as you can and still be able to get them in and out.

The lawnmower will be a pain in the bum, would it fit under the worktop?

And a tool board on the wall. Have to have a tool board.

Thinking about one of those cheap(ish!) plastic garden stores for lawnmower and bits to give more man space :D Thinking about hanging bikes by front wheels/back wheels (alternating) on ceiling mounted hooks

I have a tool board, I never put anything on it though it just stays on the bench.
I do have this though, which allows me to move the car against the wall giving more floor space
14032008235.jpg

Though I never put the car on it :oops:

Picture019.jpg

Lucky enough to have a double garage, bench down one side with a large vise and a parts washer sunk into the other end. Shelves and cabinets above with tool boards inside. will try and get some better pics.

stellaboy":1a2bh4ak said:
Picture019.jpg

Lucky enough to have a double garage, bench down one side with a large vise and a parts washer sunk into the other end. Shelves and cabinets above with tool boards inside. will try and get some better pics.

Drool.......

Your a lucky man stellaboy.

I also have a 10/8 shed but with just bikes and my bench with tools.Have 5
bikes at one end hanging by front and back wheels via hooks with a rubber
outers.It dose the job.

Back