Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:58 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:32 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Now taking bets on how much longer the mudslinging will continue before lockdown.

Absolutely gobsmacked that there are people in here who think that Rock Shox guy was justified in swinging out against the other guy - who was admittedly behaving like a tool.

But I guess that prisons and anger management courses must have a potential clientele to justify their continued existence. No matter what - it's really not worth the risk of doing time for, is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:36 pm 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader

I'm riding with Groundoggy.

Provided he leaves that silly pinwheel at home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 pm 
Retro Guru

dbmtb wrote:
Now taking bets on how much longer the mudslinging will continue before lockdown.

Absolutely gobsmacked that there are people in here who think that Rock Shox guy was justified in swinging out against the other guy - who was admittedly behaving like a tool.

But I guess that prisons and anger management courses must have a potential clientele to justify their continued existence.

It's not so much a matter of justification - I just am not surprised to see him react that way.

People who are shocked that after constant haranguing and getting his foot run over the guy decided to take a swing. That's not a surprise.

I'm stunned so many people think you can be an annoying wheel riding twit just because you are a little faster than another rider for a few seconds. I wouldn't have acted like either one of them, but I'm not surprised the one guy punched the other. I would say he was asking for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:39 pm 
Retro Guru

It shouldn't have diverged into personal attacks.

There were generalized attacks all along the thread but none of us should have taken it to a personal level and I hole no ongoing grudge with anyone I have conversed with in this or other threads. Apologies for taking it to a personal level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:40 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

Groundoggy wrote:

It's not so much a matter of justification - I just am not surprised to see him react that way.

People who are shocked that after constant haranguing and getting his foot run over the guy decided to take a swing. That's not a surprise.

I'm stunned so many people think you can be an annoying wheel riding twit just because you are a little faster than another rider for a few seconds. I wouldn't have acted like either one of them, but I'm not surprised the one guy punched the other. I would say he was asking for it.

Agree with you again. Can't add any more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:48 pm 
Retro Guru

Groundoggy wrote:

There were generalized attacks all along the thread but none of us should have taken it to a personal level and I hole no ongoing grudge with anyone I have conversed with in this or other threads. Apologies for taking it to a personal level.

It's worrying that you can so easily get riled up enough to start making such angry and extreme personal attacks. I hope you aren't this agro all the time! I'm not a liberal, btw, or any of the other things you assume. Think before you type!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 pm 
Retro Guru

groundoggy is right. verbally insult anyone long enough, be prepared to expect repercussions

this is not a condoning of violence, however should be kept in mind if you intend to behave like go-pro hero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:54 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

oh come on, solidarity brothers!!

hes old hes fat and he is riding a retrobike

whats the matter with yas :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:55 pm 
Old School Grand Master

thecannibal wrote:
Groundoggy wrote:

It's worrying that you can so easily get riled up enough to start making such angry and extreme personal attacks. I hope you aren't this agro all the time! I'm not a liberal, btw, or any of the other things you assume. Think before you type!

The guys apologising for letting it get personal, maybe you should do the same and let it lie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:57 pm 
Retro Guru

merckx wrote:
groundoggy is right. verbally insult anyone long enough, be prepared to expect repercussions

this is not a condoning of violence, however should be kept in mind if you intend to behave like go-pro hero.

What insults? To reiterate, I'm not saying camera guy is a saint, but I reckon he basically did nothing wrong worthy of note.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next