Specialized Stumpjumper 2000 rebuild help. Manitou microlube

jonkelly3

Dirt Disciple
Hi, new to these forums so hello and thanks in advance to anyone who answers! Ive stripped my stumpy down and stockpiling the bits to do the rebuild and have a few queries.

Manitou SX r suspension forks with microlube ports - If i do this myself do the manitou prep m grease guns work on these, or has anybody used any other makes? i know the finish line one works but thats more expensive.

Suspension full service - anybody know a good company if i go down this route thats not too expensive but good service?

Shimano Deore XT SGS rear Derailleur - if i replace the jockey wheels on this what will fit?
or
will a modern 9sd derailleur fit ok, im thinking deore level or above if i replace it.

I will be selling most of the bits ive replaced when Ive cleaned and polished them up and taken pictures so watch out in the for sale section for them if interested.

Cheers, jk

Most of the needle nosed guns will be able to work with the grease ports on the manitou forks, just purge the old gunk out.

As to the rear mech you can get replacement jockey wheels that come with spacers so they can be run on 7/8/9 speed systems (it just allows for the thickness of the chain being different).

Ta much

Hi, thanks for that, Ive found a manitou grease gun cheap so thats good. Its all coming together now.

Rear Mech

If your after a new rear mech have a look at 'Climb on Bikes'.
I just bought a long cage XT M760 rear mech for £20 new.
They mainly have medium cage, though he said they have a few long as well.
Google to get a phone number as I dont have a link here. They have a website with the mechs listed on the clearance section but dont do online orders, you have to phone. They sent mine out next day for £2.50
Might help.
Jamie

"I just bought a long cage XT M760 rear mech for £20 new."

Isn't it a rapid rise one though? :?
But still a good price.

Back