shoe and helmet advice needed.

DEAN C.

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Hi
Can anyone recommend a decent quality shoe for riding my kona in?
something comfy to walk in too.
Also looking to purchase a decent helmet, modern rather than retro for riding tracks and paths.

Hope this is the right place to post this.
thanks

Dean

DEAN C.":4w8gd1og said:
Hi
Can anyone recommend a decent quality shoe for riding my kona in?
something comfy to walk in too.
Also looking to purchase a decent helmet, modern rather than retro for riding tracks and paths.

Hope this is the right place to post this.
thanks

Dean

What kind of pedals do you have? Flats or SPD's! If flats 5:10 Impact low or Shimano AM for either flats or SPD's!

Fox Flux helmets are good, decent price, and offer good coverage of the head!! ;)

DHB":3q3145h7 said:
What kind of pedals do you have? Flats or SPD's! If flats 5:10 Impact low :

+1 for the 5:10s if you ride flats.
Insane levels of grip on the pedals. :D

As for helmets, would recommend the Urge Endur-o-matic helmet if you don't mind the looks. I know it's a bit marmite, but comfy and good protection.

urge_enduro_matic_helmet14.jpg

five_ten_impact_lows.jpg

Vans Gravel are good if you can find them and am currently on 5:10 Freeriders which are as comfy as slippers.

As far as helmets go I would try them on somewhere like Halfords to find your best fit, I ended up with a Giro Hex and is very comfy and lets lots of air in to cool my noggin.

Your best bet for helmets is to try a few on. Different manufacturers tend to make different shaped helmets. What suits you might not suit someone else.
For shoes, I find Specialized to be very comfy,, despite my flipper shaped feet with extra bunions.

Andy R":2fkyyo8i said:
Giro Hex is excellent but the Xen is even better ;)

I bought a Xen last month. Very comfortable, good coverage, lots of adjustment, and not to mention half price at On-One, brilliant.

Shoes... Sidi, as others have noted, pricey but you get what you pay for!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Nothing sorted yet but I went into planet X today, but they only had the shimano and sidi shoes and no 5:10's.
Found the shimano a bit too sporty and stiff for what I am looking for. I wear Sidi rain motorbike boots so I know how good a brand they are, but I think the 5:10's will be more comfy for walking and biking combined.

Great help everyone, thanks.
Dean.

Back