i think im about to be robbed in slow motion.

toomanyframes

Retrobike Rider
Claud Butler Fan
Feedback
View
Hello all!
As this is my first post ,I think I'll start with a little question:
I have today,been quoted £30.95 per wheel plus "about" £1 per spoke to have a pair of wheels built not inclusive of rims or hubs.
Is that the opening bars of "Stand and Deliver" I hear in the background?.......
:(

about there or there abouts been alot of threads about this but when you actually think about the time and labour and skill that goes into it. You could always do it yourself.

About right. Get them to measure up for you though and supply your own spokes, see what cost it will be.

£1 each is a lot i believe, you can get coloured ones for that!

It isnt cheap that is for sure, but it depends on what you are having built.

I am currently having some fat bike rims built onto Alfine 8 and Hope hubs. Both are 36 hole using black Sapim stainless spokes. Front is going to be double butted and the rear plain gauge for strength. And that little lot is costing me about £40 an end (spokes and build)

poweredbypies":169wdn0c said:
what wheels are you having built up?
Got some hubs from t'bay and quite liked the look of the sun eq27 in white, shop wanted 55 each but chain reaction have them for 35!!
Oh, the hubs are by novatec? Yeah,I've never heard of em either, but for the price, they look and feel pretty darn good!

Back