• Wait for the right price

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

widow71

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I have a DH9 that I don't really have the chance to use anymore (due to two toddlers). So I am looking to get rid of it.

I'm going to sell the frame but I have no idea how much it is worth. Obviously as a DH bike it has been used for downhilling so has the usual uplift scratches but there are also a few problems with it so it is more of a project bike.

The rear 20mm Hadley hub does not always engage, and I do not know where to start with rebuilding it - it engages when the bike it tipped to one side but not the other so I guess a seal or something inside has come loose? The lower end of the shaft on the Fox shock is bent - this does not affect the action of the travel but could easily be sorted by replacing the shock or shaft. The frame also appears slightly out of alignment although it has always been this way since I bought it second hand in 2006.

I had a Hope 6 pot brake on the rear, and a custom sized rear (massive) disc so it fitted in with the floating brake arrangement.

This makes it sound pretty bad - but after all it would have been wasted as a proper DH bike if it was still shiny and not been properly used - there are some pretty big rocks in the Alps!

So worth throwing away? Selling as a piece of wall art or as a project retrobike?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Cheers

Attachments

• P4050090.JPG
    P4050090.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 882
  • P4050097.JPG
    P4050097.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 882
  • P4050099.JPG
    P4050099.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 882
  • P4050098.JPG
    P4050098.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 882
Throw it away?!

Are you bloody insane?!

Depends how attached to it you are, if not very much then sell it cheap (to someone who you think will enjoy it AND be grateful).

Otherwise, if you quite like it and it has a place in your heart, keep it or wait for the right price.

Dont forget though, toddlers wont always be toddlers and the lawwill yeti is timeless.

Just seen the other topic. I'll put it in there instead.

Toddlers will not always be toddlers, but I don't think I'll have the time to really get the most out of this frame anymore. And after spending my time at uni detesting skinny XC riders I have joined their ranks (even got myself some retro Marin yellow lycra the other day).

I said wait for the right price. Only because there isnt a 'sell it cheap to Whatleymeister' voting button though :LOL:

Back