Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:28 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:22 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:15 pm
Posts: 126
Location: Nottingham UK
Hey I'm looking to get a lightweight jacket that packs down small, to keep in my backpack (or hopefully bumbag) just incase it suddenly pisses it down.

Was looking at the pakajak but the reviews aren't great and I didn;t really want to spend as much as £40 cos I'm super tight!

Anybody able to recommend anything?

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:54 pm 
Gold Trader / rb Rider / Special
Gold Trader / rb Rider / Special
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 am
Posts: 16165
Location: Rurally close.
Something endura?

Cycle shop sales?

A windproof is what your looking for i believe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:45 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 11104
Location: The Home Of Mountain Biking, And All Great Things.
A Berghaus Paclite is around 400/500g, or is that too heavy?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Ive got one of these and manage to get it in my Camelback Rogue small top pocket! Keeps the rain off well for quick downpours or riding in
!
http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/royal-ra ... 53403.html :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:44 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:15 pm
Posts: 126
Location: Nottingham UK
DHB wrote:
Ive got one of these and manage to get it in my Camelback Rogue small top pocket! Keeps the rain off well for quick downpours or riding in
!
http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/royal-ra ... 53403.html :wink:


Thanks for the replies everyone. This looks like a contender! Any comments on the fit and waterproof-ness?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:54 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
The_Grouch wrote:
DHB wrote:
Ive got one of these and manage to get it in my Camelback Rogue small top pocket! Keeps the rain off well for quick downpours or riding in
!
http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/royal-ra ... 53403.html :wink:


Thanks for the replies everyone. This looks like a contender! Any comments on the fit and waterproof-ness?


Its a good fit, not to big and not to small so will fit over other layers. Nice arm length, hangs well over the back for a bit protection and stays dry enough to protect you for abit. It is thin though which can feel cold but if you layer right you dont even feel it! It is for showers though its not a complete water proof jacket. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:51 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:15 pm
Posts: 126
Location: Nottingham UK
DHB wrote:
The_Grouch wrote:
DHB wrote:
Ive got one of these and manage to get it in my Camelback Rogue small top pocket! Keeps the rain off well for quick downpours or riding in
!
http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/royal-ra ... 53403.html :wink:


Thanks for the replies everyone. This looks like a contender! Any comments on the fit and waterproof-ness?


Its a good fit, not to big and not to small so will fit over other layers. Nice arm length, hangs well over the back for a bit protection and stays dry enough to protect you for abit. It is thin though which can feel cold but if you layer right you dont even feel it! It is for showers though its not a complete water proof jacket. :wink:


Cheers, will probably order one of these then, if I don't spot anything in the local bike shops the weekend.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 02gf74, mezzanine and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group