Spoke length help please?

A_Venables

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ive been building my bikes and have done most maintainence jobs without problems, so I want to have a go at rebuilding a wheel, with a different rim. I have Chris King ISO hubs and mis matched rims, so want to replace the front rim. The rim Im going to use is a DT Swiss FR 6.1D. The original is a Mavic 317 disc rim, Im replacing the spokes for black to match the back wheel. Question is what length spoke do I need for the Chris King ISO QR hub/DT Swiss FR 6.1D combination please?

Thanks very much, couldnt figure out the one on dt's website! Thats plain and simple. Does this one seem to be reliable?

A_Venables":2j0lkdup said:
Thanks very much, couldnt figure out the one on dt's website! Thats plain and simple. Does this one seem to be reliable?
I hope it is, I used it to get the length for my spokes for my wheel build, I did go up a mm though as I can roll more thread onto my spokes if needed.

It's offset spoke bed (iirc). Have you seen those wheels where the the spokes don't sit in the middle of the rim & are offset to one side? It's to allow for that.

Thanks for that :D
So..
LH front = 240mm
RH front = 244mm
LH front = 240mm
RH rear = 236mm

They are for 32 hole hubs on 24" rims.
Can i buy 48 spokes at 242 and 16 at 236?

Back