New disc rim in silver, do they exist?!

Have a look at Alex Rims' website. Several of their disc rims are available in both silver and black.

The thumbnails usually only show black rims, so you'll need to click every model and check the specs to see if they're available in silver too.

Russell":376wl06i said:
Mavic make them.
which brand new models from Mavic are available in silver disc only versions? All i can see are black disc rims and silver rim brake rims. Might be going blind though!

I used silver Mavic touring rims (36h) on my 29er; 3-4 years, so far, with no problems.

Just saying: I think any modern 26-inch rim would be strong enough for general use, even if it's not disc-specific.

Russell":1ws41ose said:
Mavic make them.

Which type then? I checked all theirs at CRC and Bik24.de, but couldn't find any

Ah yeah, needs to 32 hole

Raging_bulls":1ws41ose said:
Have a look at Alex Rims' website.

Good one! Thanks

Raging_bulls":1ws41ose said:
The thumbnails usually only show black rims, so you'll need to click every model and check the specs to see if they're available in silver too.

Yes I know, I clicked for half an hour or so :)

Mavic have the 717 in silver still.

Also alex rims but i couldnt find anywhere to buy them (i was looking for sx44).

Nukeproof have the generator rim in silver.

I didnt find much after that, silver really isnt in this year.

Sure my local bike shop has some Mavic 317 disc rims in stock in silver. Let me know if you want me to double check for you.

cyfa2809":vffo8lmx said:
Mavic have the 717 in silver still.

Also alex rims but i couldnt find anywhere to buy them (i was looking for sx44).

Nukeproof have the generator rim in silver.

I didnt find much after that, silver really isnt in this year.
I rang the mavic distributors we use in our shop, the silver XC717 Disc is now discontinued, or so I'm told. Antoher bike shop I rang to enquire about their stock also gave me the same info

Shame as the XC717 is a damn good rim

Silver sems to be so last millenium when it comes to bike parts, shame as it's rather classy IMHO

Looks like your right!

It was either on crc or the mavic website that i saw them, no more though.

That is a shame, they were a good go to rim.

The thing with silver and black is, its common for stock parts so unless you build something around it, it often looks stock. (Silver isnt so common now though is it!).

Back