getting an itch for a full suss, but what?

jax13

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For no good reason, I've started to think I might want a full suspension bike as my next project. Nothing strictly new, but probably not a retro as I want to run discs all round & a modern group.

With this said, what bargain frames are there that are worth looking at that tick all of my boxes...

light-ish (xc derived rather than downhill)
rear disc
frameset sells regularly for sub £120 (ideally sub £90)
nothing hideously ugly

I'm a bit ignorant of anything made after 1999 as I drifted away from bikes for a few years so unsure of where to start.

cheers.

A giant AC or similar?

This really is a can of worms that can go anyway as there are of a lot of frames that fit your requirements.

Kona, specialized, giant etc. etc.

Spesh stumpjumper fsr, marin mount vision, gt i-drive/mongoose freedrive, kona king kikapu etc

keepan eye out on ebay, you may get lucky. I picked up a Muddyfox Rock N Roll Ultimate with some quality bits and some pap for £63! The bearings are all tight and its actually reasonably light. Ive put some smart bits on, its probably cost me £250 in all, but should be pretty decent when done.
SNV80565.jpg

In that pic, the only new part was the chainset, all the other bits were within the £63. Depends if you done mind something alittle different and not that now mainstream high end now? As I know Muddyfox certainly dont build the same quality bikes anymore! :(

Marins are plentiful, have a great reputation and are a true and tested single pivot design.

Back