• SLX M665

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dirtydozen

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
just put the new SLX M666 on my jekyll so had planned to put the M665 that were on it on another bike(DH rig)
BUT... i have just got a set of hope M4 in very good condition that would look nice.

I have been really impressed with the SLX hense me getting the new ones but everyone always praises hope so which would you choose

MBUK recently did a brake test

I believe that the SLX M666 were top of the pile in the test, 'Most Wanted' or 'Best Value' or something like that. I was midway through 'dropping the kids off' so wasn't paying too much attention to the mag

Saying that I'd probably go with Hope if cash wasn't an issue

SLX are great for the money. Hope are greater for more money.

SLX were SHimanos best-kept secret. The ulitmate combo until recently was M775 XT levers with SLX calipers - as the SLX calipers ran smoother longer due the the construction being stiffer. XT made some compromises for weight that affects piston travel. That piece of information came from Shimano's disc brake top man at Shimano Europe when I was on a course there in 2008.

If the Hopes are with Tech levers go with them.Otherwise use the SLX.

And ignore Kaiser. He just wants to buy them off you. New XTs don't come close - except for the blocks.

Back