Hope Mono M4 or Hope M6 Ti?

IWish

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have M4 on my Avalanche and I'm debating running M6 with a 225 and 203 rotor.

I have currently got a 203 and 160 on my bike.

I know M6 are overkill but they look good. Are they worth the difference?

I like M4's the there's 3 sets in the garage. Never used M6 though. Worth noting Hope no longer service the M6

I can service them if the seals and such are readily available.

I really like my M4 I just see extra appeal in a 6 piston brake.

Honestly, I dont know, because the bike they are on has never been ridden since I built it, but considring people with 2 piston calipers stop fine, I just cant see its going to make the big difference, the pistons seem smaller than on the 4 pot one, I cant see its going to be a huge improvement. But, Ive never ridden it! As said, it does look mean and to be honest it was bought as a bit of bling when speccing my ultimate build.

Okay mate.

I'll take a think and see if anyone else has an opinion too. But for the effort I think I'll end up keeping my M4's

I reckon the m4's will be fine. Even mono's would do the job well.

I dont see any need to get the others. Only really for hot/long/fast descents will they shine through. Thats the sort of things pro's would do to a brake when 'training' in the alps and whatnot.

Running a 34-12 I've gotten to 37MPH on a singletrack slope before.. Pads were touching the disc on a old brake set then. The disc was honestly glowing when I got to the bottom.

But ask yourself if you do it often enough to warrant the extra power/money/effort in obataination?

Back