Mazrzocchi z150.

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have some z150's and im not sure on the noise they make.
Before they were mounted, when compressed the left leg felt 'scratchy' like the coild was scraping the inside or similar. Now theyre mounted its not so noticable but you you can still hear the coil.

Is this right/wrong?
What could it be if its wrong?
They are 04 with eta i believe.

That doesn't sound good.
I've no experience of those particular forks, but if any of mine were making a 'metal on metal' scratching noise i'd have to open them up for a look ;)

I have opened up the left leg to an extent and think possibly the eta spacer is making the spring compress un evenly, im not sure though.

Its not so bad when mounted.
Im pretty sure the further in to the travel the noise goes.

Dont want to take them apart fully at the moment as i dont have any oil and havent checked if i have the socket to fit?

Have fully mounted them to frame now and they feel a lot better. Can still hear the coild compressing but im guessing i notice it because im used to air forks.

Shame the steerer is too short as they feel really nice.

I had a pair of DJ3 that you could hear the coil working, I was told you can take it out put a condom (of all things) around it and it stops the noise.

trxrincon":3hnhcrp1 said:
I had a pair of DJ3 that you could hear the coil working, I was told you can take it out put a condom (of all things) around it and it stops the noise.

Yep my dj3's rattle but i dont hear the coil noise. I read that too! Did you try it?

Back