can anyone recommed a good chain for my gt i drive 5

rjm2000

Dirt Disciple
Hi all

I have a project bike which is a gt i drive 5 and I now need a chain for it been looking at sram pc971 or pc991 but they seem to have mixed reviews any ideas people????

Thank Ryan :D

kmc X9L. Very good chains, I run kmc chains on all of my bikes, i have used the top end X9SL chains, but to be honest they're not really worth the extra cash over the X9L.

cyfa2809":2lipjs6o said:
X9sl is £30 at crc at the moment isnt it?
don't know the price @ crc, but normal rrp is about £50 IIRC. If they are £30 then it's probably worth the extra few quid. My last X9L was about £17 I think, not sure what they are now

I paid £26 for my sl from ebay months ago now. Not put much use on it.
I find any chain works for me, i normally go for sram due to cost band went with the kmc one for bling!
Also used ybn with no trouble.

Nothing wrong with the cheap grey Kmc chains either.

Only a tenner, if like me your not into bling or lightweight.

Anything other than Shimano! :LOL: They are very smooth but seem to have very short lives.

Beyond the bottom of the range one from any others, all you pay for is the cosmetics and a miniscule weight saving. Avoid the very bottom ones as they usually aren't hardened.

I find there is nothing wrong with the KMC x9 silver RRP £22 but I sell for £16 as do many others I think.

Durable is all you want in a chain.

KMC for me

I won't touch SRAM after my last SRAM PC1 lasted all of 3 weeks before falling the wrong side of 0.75 wear

My current KMC on my single speed hasn't shown any wear since the intial 'stretch' the 1st week of use...thats 2 months use so far :)

kmc x9 are awesome chains. i have one on my dh bike and it has taken some grief. iv snapped 2 sram chains before so i avoid them now. kmc all the way :D

Back