Workstand help....

Not too keen on those, as they only hold the bike at the bottom, meaning it's not all that stable.

I got me one of these for around £50 :

zoom_asset_11883982.jpg

It's called "velo works" and I picked it up at Decathlon. I'm quite pleased with it so far, but the kit was missing a few bolts (3 in the bottom section, to be precise). Luckily the rest of the bolts provide plenty of clamping force, so I don't really notice it.

I've never been keen on workstands. I've built a specific one bolted to workbence for building bikes, if it is for regular maintenance and checking gears I just stick a hammer in the bench vice, lift the bike, and let the saddle rest on the hammer handle.

Raging_Bulls":118ks5k0 said:
Not too keen on those, as they only hold the bike at the bottom, meaning it's not all that stable.

I got me one of these for around £50 :

zoom_asset_11883982.jpg

It's called "velo works" and I picked it up at Decathlon. I'm quite pleased with it so far, but the kit was missing a few bolts (3 in the bottom section, to be precise). Luckily the rest of the bolts provide plenty of clamping force, so I don't really notice it.

I have one of these too, they are very good for the price and I have recommended them to a few friends annd they have been very happy with them as well.

Back