Another spoke gone ping....

Scougar

Retrobike Rider
Looks like the j-bend at the hub end has broken off. I'll be seeing you chaps at Halfords for another replacement spoke *Sigh*. lol.

I don't know actually, will have to check!

I'd noticed it was out of line (true) when I started my ride before the accident lol, as my brakes were binding a little bit. Whether it was snapped before or after the accident I don't know, but as I came down on a flat surface, and my body was the brake... I doubt it was broken by the tumble.

If it's not a new spoke that's gone, what's the cost? (don't forget I've had a 'service' already).

Uneven spoke tension is the root of most spoke breakage problems. Get a proper wheel builder to check it over.

Well.. I just took too the bus and then walked to Halfords to drop my wheel off today. Hopefully it will be ready by tomorrow (as I cycle to work Monday). Although I just realised now that they have my wrong mobile number d'oh!!!

I just need the wheel to work for the minute. I can't afford much at the minute as had a big vet bill last month :-( (Dogs moved country and haven't got insurance yet).

I've seen some Alexrims on ebay with centre lock disc capability. Is there a BASIC (cheap but reliable) centre lock disc sytem that people would recommend? (I'm fed up of v-brakes now in the wet they are awful).

Centre lock is shimano's own system i think. Its just the centre on the rotor has a different cutout.

Call them tomorrow around 2-3pm if they have your number down wrong.

hirosawa":2bd3ijsl said:
bm0p700f":2bd3ijsl said:
If three or more spokes have gone get someone competent to rebuild the wheel.

Pretty much. They'll just keep snapping now until you rebuild.

Awesome. Great to hear lol. They made a lot of noise after the replacement of spokes, after the 5 to 8 I mullered before. (lots of tings and pings, but I thought that was normal).

Back