Be careful out there with ice! (Yes, I had a tumble)

Scougar

Retrobike Rider
I got caught out in Plymouth on the cycle path by Marsh Mills Roundabout on Tuesday morning. Yellow lenses, I didn't see the ice/frost covering. Before I even knew what had happened, I was face dowon the floor out of breath and stunned. As I was clipped in, I assume I just went even quicker with the bike when it just went. I didn't even have time for an adrenaline rush it was that quick. Of course, I rode the rest of the way to work ;-) (Although I admit, I was very wary, and didn't want to get back on).

I have a very sore hip, and today I went and got my wrist X-Ray'd as I can't use my wrist at all. Even putting clothes on hurts. Thankfully, nothing broken, but I have ligament damage on my outer wrist. No cycling till next week as it hurts to much.

So... take it easy, and if I'm honest... don't use the cycle paths unless you have to (A bit hard not too in plymouth in certain area's).

Had a tumble a few years back, very similar. Badly winded, in some agony I was faced with a long stagger home in SPD shoes on sheet ice (few years back it was everywhere and unavoidable) or hop back on and keep riding. I walked to the corner, thought this is going to take an age and rode home after letting a little more air out of my tyres.

It was only the day after that I decided I had a suspected chipped vertebrae.

After an xray they decided not.

I did similar outside the Forest of Dean pedalaway centre yesterday.

No injuries though :D

Get well soon mate, I like to think Mountain bikers are a tough bunch ;)

This is the result of a slip in the snow on Saturday night.....

Picture.jpg

Granted, there was a lot of beer and Rioja involved too :D

Oooo.. darn, that looks like it's gonna be painful in later life :-( Right on the socket of the bone. Hope it heals ok bud.

Cyfa.. I think most cyclists don't use the cycle path that gets close to the road, as there are barriers you have to go through, so most use the pavement right beside it. I reckon that's why I came off. Broke my helmet peak :-( I am annoyed as I was gonna go on the road next to novotel for a change but thought I best be proper and use the path lol.

Back