OK, Who's Farted?

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
:oops: Oops, it's me again...
Has anyone had farting problems, and how did you stop it?

I seem to have found the Achilles Heel of tubeless tyres, unless I'm doing something wrong?
Towards the end of my daily ride there is a sweet little singletrack descent winding down through the woods to the car park. The ride varies but this is a regular finish . At the top, there is a small dropooff of about 2 foot, easy peasy but it has a badly cambered landing. Half the time my rear tyre farts on landing, and depending on how big a chuff it is, can make the bike decidedly wobbly or even unrideable. It's a pain in the bum to have to walk the last 1/2 mile to the car, and even if I did carry a pump, the "flow" would have gone.
What can I do to stop the farts?
Bigger/different tyre? They're Bonty MudX 1.8 tubeless ready at the mo, and they're brilliant!
Higher/lower pressure? I run 36psi
More juice? There's a measure and a half of Stans in each tyre, about 3 months old.
Wheels are DT Swisscheese 4.2D
Thanks for any tips...

I have no experience with tubeless whatsoever.

Try more stans or more pressure.

Sounds like its burping on the outside side of the rim (when on the camber)?

The whole point of running tubeless is that you can run at lower pressures which in turn gives more grip. I am on the heavy side of Clydesdale and run tubed tyres at 30psi which gives a good compromise between grip and rolling resistance.

Back