Spoke advice sought

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hi guys,

I need some advice in regards to spokes for a commuter/cx/touring wheel build. Now firstly I can't afford the Sapim CX-Rays, I'm looking more towards DT's..... will their revolutions be too flexi?

I'm quite a heavy rider at the moment, although obviously the weight will be burned once I get back into the commute again.

What says ye?

the wheel builder is more important than the spoke used in my experience. tell him what hubs and rims you have and your riding style and let him choose. if it were me i'd just go straight gauge dt. will you be loading the bike? or using a ruck sack? if loading let the builder know as he will build a smidge less tension into the wheel to compensate.

jamabikes":1w3x5mmx said:
the wheel builder is more important than the spoke used in my experience. tell him what hubs and rims you have and your riding style and let him choose. if it were me i'd just go straight gauge dt. will you be loading the bike? or using a ruck sack? if loading let the builder know as he will build a smidge less tension into the wheel to compensate.

Two great minds, am already emailing the wheel builder as I type :)

Back