Scott full sussers - any opinions?

superstu

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
One of these quite close to me on the bay
http://www.mtbr.com/cat/older-categorie ... 93crx.aspx

and a few other full suspension Scotts which seems pretty darn cheap.

I don't see many around although I know their hardtail range from BITD, and they were always considered racey but they had some real high end stuff.

Are their full sussers any good? Just after some opinion as I might get my first full susser this year and not sure whether to keep it in mind as an option. Just wondered what anyone else thought if they had any experience.

I had a G-zero for a few years, top of the range, £900 frame only. Worst bike I've ever had. Absolute garbage. The worst build quality of ANY bike I've ever seen. I took the first frame back. The second wasn't much better, but was apparently within tolerances.
I didn't ride it much, not with a Kilauea whispering "told you so" from the back of the shed.

I bought it in preference to a Santa Cruz. Worst cycling mistake I've ever made.

My friend Alan swears by his, it's a 100m F&R 2006/7ish model and is very light - sorry can't be any more specific, think it has Manitou forks though

I used to have a Scott Genius and loved it. Had to sell it to put food on the table though.

A pal has a Spark and likes it.

Back