Mechanics bike stand....

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I'm looking into getting a mechanics style bike stand, the ones that clamp around the top tube. Looking to spend maybe upto £50ish. Has anyone had any good experiences or any recommendations? All gratefully received!

Wook

A blue Park tools stand. Good for me as i can take it apart for easy storage.

I note it's not the type you specified but I have one of these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOME-MECHANIC ... 255fe00c48

...and it fits the bill perfectly;

P1040201.jpg

The plastic cup the BB sits in is also shaped to allow for downtube routed cables; and despite standing outside in all weathers for the best part of a year shows no sign of rust... :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yeah, but that's another £45 you just don't need to spend because you're not getting the extra value in what it does...

Don't really want to spend a fortune just fed up of turning it upside down to adjust the gears or oil the chain etc. I have seen that other one before but wondered if it was stable enough?

wookiee":11ppykoh said:
Don't really want to spend a fortune just fed up of turning it upside down to adjust the gears or oil the chain etc. I have seen that other one before but wondered if it was stable enough?

Plenty stable enough; as I have said on other threads on the same subject, I can be a tad clumsy when I have half the contents of my shed spread over the patio and I haven't even come close to knocking it over :cool:

The fact you can secure the front wheel is a bonus too...

Lidl do a bike stand for £30 which has had some good comments on here,
I'm waiting for them to come round again as they only seem to be once
a year.

Back