Puncture repair - Best kits / patches

s1monf

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Went for a short ride yesterday which ended up by a river where they had kindly just trimmed the hawthorn hedges.
After using 3 spare tubes and the 4 skabs we had between the three of us, we all ended up still having flat front tyres and walking the last 2 miles! :evil:

Before I replenish my puncture repair stocks, I wondered if any of you had some top tips as to what the best kits or patches are?

I have previously used the traditional patches and rubber glue and more recently the Skabs self adhesive patches.

I'm still using Specialized Air-Lock self sealing tubes from well over fifteen years ago - just pull all the thorns out with a pair of pliers when you get home :)

MucOff do a repair kit, adhesive patches no glue required and comes in a nifty box & keyring so readily at hand, had no dramas with them, probably generic patches but purchased from my local trail center after having similar problem with dreaded hawthorne bushes :(

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Or alternatively carry cheap spare tubes and bin them when you get a puncture. Haven't repaired a puncture since I was a teenager.

Is it worth half an hour of your time to save £1 or £2 ? and end up with a weakened tube.

MADJEZ":v89ge6qb said:
Or alternatively carry cheap spare tubes and bin them when you get a puncture. Haven't repaired a puncture since I was a teenager.

Is it worth half an hour of your time to save £1 or £2 ? and end up with a weakened tube.

Half an hour to repair a pucture? :shock: :LOL:

Re: Ta

s1monf":2kiebpze said:
Thanks for the replies chaps.
I've just been looking at the Slime Lite tubes: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330579727240? ... 1438.l2649
The weight of the self sealing tubes has put me off before but these are only 218 grams.
Are these what you're using Chute55uk?
that will be the ones and looks like they are half the price of the halfords ones as well

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back