Boardman CX Team vs. Genesis Croix de Fer

BobCatMax

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So...I'm all lined up to get my little e-voucher to go over to Halfords and get my Boardman CX team purchased on the C2W scheme, when i had a little crisis of confidence last night..

This will be my first proper foray into the world of CX and indeed 700c tyres (if you can excuse my 10 speed raleigh at the age of 12). I've only ever ridden Alu bikes in anger, and am more than used to the stiffness.

I'm trying to organise a ride on the genesis over the weekend, and I'm trying out the smaller framed CX team on saturday (I've sat on the medium and i'm pretty happy with the size) just to make sure it's too small.

pros and cons of both, if you please gents. I've read the specs, but i'm not as up to speed on these things as I am on mtb (and i'm not all that good on those either!) I also realise there'll be love for steel and love for Alu irrespective of any other arguments :)

ta!

hehe, seems like no-one can.

not to worry. I think i'm going with the Boardman anyway :)

no wocking furries on that count dude

I spoke to the guys where i'm thinking of buying it and they seem knowledgeable enough. I quizzed them on just about everything i could find on the interwebz, and how much they have to build it up/can i have it in the box if I want/etc etc

if it wasn't for the fact i have no idea how to grease the BB30 i'd think about doing it myself..

BB30 is very easy. Theyre just press in cups. Like a semi integrated headset. Then the cartridge bearings sits in that. Same as a bmx bb too.

Back